- You Are Here:
- Provo City
- Provo City Government
- Parks & Recreation
- Parks and Trails
- Provo Shooting Sports Park
Provo Shooting Sports Park
The Provo Shooting Sports Park is an inclusive firearms education and training facility where local residents, shooting clubs, community groups, and shooting sports competitors can enjoy the shooting sports in a safe and controlled environment. Provo's law enforcement professionals also train at this facility.
New shooters are always welcome!
The park is conveniently located two miles up Provo Canyon, then 3/4 mile up Squaw Peak Road and is now one of the most versatile shooting locations in the region. Features include the following:
- 8 Covered firing lanes, each with four potential target stand distances of: 50 feet, 25 yards, 50 yards and 100 yards maximum.
- 4 additional covered firing lanes, each with two potential target stand distances of: 50 feet and 25 yards maximum.
- 20 covered firing lanes, each with four potential target stand distances of 7 yards, 50 feet, 25 yards and 50 yards.
Consider the following when you come:
- Paper Targets - Please bring your paper targets or purchase them on site from the RSO for .25 cents a sheet.
- Hearing protection - Foam ear plugs work well or purchase them from the RSO for .25 cents a pair.
- Eye protection is required – bring your own glasses or purchase them from the RSO on site.
- Firearm – bring your firearm to the range, unloaded, in a case and action open.
- Fired cartridge casings may be retrieved by the shooter. Casings left or discarded on the range become the property of Provo City and will be disposed of accordingly.
*Hours for April 1 - October 31, 2013
Open Shooting Hours (weather permitting- check the Rain-Out Hotline at 801-852-6629)
(check or cash only, limited cash on hand, please bring exact change)
|Wednesdays||4:00 p.m. - dusk*||
Non-Residents of Provo:
|Fridays||4:00 p.m. - dusk*|
|Saturdays||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m*|
*2 hour limit shooting period when facility is busy. Saturdays are always a 2 hour limit.
|Open Shooting: Punch Card Values|
|*Punch cards must be purchased at the Parks Office at 1417 South 350 East.|
ReservationsPrivate groups may make a request to reserve exclusive time at either the rifle or handgun range by calling the Parks Division at 801-852-6606 to make a request. If approved, a Range Safety Officer will then be scheduled to provide gate access and supervise the activity on site. Download a reservation request form.
All shotgun shooting at the park must be coordinated through the Provo Gun Club. Please note: there are no “throw your own” facilities at the site. The club operates 4 trap, one 5-stand and 2 skeet shotgun fields and are open to the public on Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
New shooters are always welcome and instruction is available for the beginning shooter to the high competition level. For information regarding instruction, competition and group events, call 801-437-0595 or check their website at: myprovogunclub.com. Range Safety Officers are available during open hours to answer any questions you may have.
Come to the Provo Shooting Sports Park to learn something new, hone your shooting skills and have a great time with good people.
Also, please let us know what you think and what your experience was like 801-852-6606.